Smartphone displays from the corporation Apple are characterized by high quality and contrast of the picture. But they are not immune to breakdowns. Quite often fans of gadgets from Apple face spontaneous hangs and glitches, when a black screen appears at iPhone. And such failures occur on all models, regardless of what version of iOS is installed. But prematurely do not get upset. In most cases, the problem that caused the failure can be solved by your own efforts.
Causes of failure
There are two types of malfunctions that cause a black screen: hardware and system. iOS is one of the most advanced and reliable operating systems for mobile devices, but it is not immune to failures. The appearance of a black screen is often caused by software errors, regardless of whether you are watching a video, updated game application 1Win or deleting a large amount of media data. A failed flashing of the smartphone can disable the driver. Mobile device from Apple need to be reflashed very carefully, since they do not have a built-in Recovery menu. Elementary freezing of the device can also cause a black screen. Sometimes it happens on a locked smartphone. Mechanical damage should include:
- A fall from a height or a bump. The matrix cable may be disconnected from the connector.
- Overheating of the smartphone leads to chip failure.
- Moisture getting inside the case is another cause of failure.
When the battery is not charging due to a broken charger or power connector, the screen will not turn on.
Rebooting the device
You can bring back to life a black screen on a working iPhone by restarting it. If the device freezes, restarting usually helps. Press the power button and "Home" button simultaneously and hold it for 20 seconds until the company logo appears. If the dark screen does not disappear after that, then the problem should be looked for elsewhere.
For iPhone 5/5S
For iPhone 6/6S/7/7 Plus/8/8/8Plus/X
If your smartphone is turned on but the backlight does not light up, try the following:
- Go to the Settings menu and find the Display tab.
- Set the maximum brightness level. If the display does not react in any way to manipulations with the regulator, then most likely the LEDs in the matrix backlight have failed, or the problem lies in incorrect firmware.
- Perform a reboot of the device. After restarting, the problems should disappear by themselves.
But it is better to contact a service center for a complete diagnosis.
Every year the requirements for multifunctionality of operating systems for mobile devices increase and iOS developers build new modules into most regulatory programs. But they do not always work correctly with current settings and applications. Often this has a negative impact on the functioning of the OS. To minimize the chance of a black screen will be able to a full reset with firmware recovery. To do this, open the menu "Settings", find the item "Basic" and then "Reset". After that, from the six options that opened, choose only two: "Reset all settings", "Erase content and settings". In the first case, all personal data, including music, photos, videos, will be saved, only the smartphone will return to factory settings. To zeroize the iPhone, you need the second option. So we click on it and wait for the end of the process.
Checking the charger
The cause of black screen iPhone may be a complete discharge of the battery. If you have used your smartphone in the cold and later it turns out that the screen is black and the device does not turn on, do the following:
- it is necessary to warm the device in the room or in your hands.
- plug in the charger and wait about 15 minutes.
If booting does not start automatically, check the charger. When plugged in, the company logo should appear and the backlight should light up. Otherwise, your charger is defective.
It is impossible to give advice that helps in 100% cases. But a few recommendations will help minimize the risk of a dark screen.
- Make sure your iOS is not a beta version.
- Do not leave your mobile device charging overnight.
- Follow the simple rules for operating your gadget in the cold season.
- Do not accept the installation of applications embedded in system programs.
If the above methods didn't help, try performing a factory reset. And then gradually change them and add applications from App Store. This is not the best option, but there is no other way to find out the cause of the black screen on iPhone.