Instagram is at the top of the popular social networks. There are constantly new features, there is an advanced editor for photos, many filters, masks, live streaming, business is going on, and so on. There can be different reasons to delete an account: social media detox, need to completely delete an old account, and so on. We invite you to consider all the ways to delete Instagram from your device.
Let's note right away that the procedure for deleting an Instagram profile permanently is done in the web version. You can go to the official site right away or redirect to the link via the app, but there is no specific deletion function in the app. There you can only temporarily block access or make the account closed. Now let's look at the ways of deletion in more detail.
If you simply delete the app from your device, the account will still remain. Application support recommends the following instructions:
- Go to the official Instagram website ( www.instagram.com ) and enter your username and password. Stay in your browser, don't click the link to download the app again.
- Log in to your account.
- Go to the "Edit Profile" section of the menu. At the very bottom will be the item "I'd like to delete my account. Click on it.
- You will get a menu where you have to specify the reason why you want to delete the account.
- Then you have to enter the password again.
- If you've filled out everything correctly, the "Deactivate my account permanently" window will appear. Click it to permanently delete your account and all data from it.
Or the same thing deleting an Instagram account from your phone, but not through the app.
IMPORTANT: We recommend that you give a real and plausible reason. There have been cases where removal was denied.
How to delete Instagram and your account from your Android device through the app
From your smartphone, you can delete your Instagram and account via the app. To do this, you need to enter the settings on your profile. Then you need to follow these steps:
- Find the "Help" or "Help Center" tab. Your browser will open the Instagram help center link.
- Next, type "Delete account" in the search box.
- You need to go back to your profile through the browser, in the settings find edit profile and select the reason for deletion.
- After that, you can deactivate the profile permanently.
How to delete an Instagram account on iPhone
The procedure is exactly the same as described above. Deciding to delete is simple, but doing so will be more difficult. The developers have intentionally made the procedure more complicated, so that users' impulsive impulses will not irrevocably lose all information, photos, posts, likes, and followers.
And we recommend you to think a few times before deleting Instagram. And okay, delete the application from the phone and then, after a few months without problems, install the application again and log in to the Instagram account, no problem. But it's a lot sillier to delete the account completely. I had such an experience - then regretted it, because I gave in to the impulse to "leave all social networks", and when it passed, it was a shame that a lot of photos were lost.
Nevertheless, if you do decide to delete, then do so).
How to delete a deleted account
When you've done all the manipulation, deleted the account not temporarily, but permanently, it will "hang" in the social network for another month. That is, you have one last opportunity to regain access to it - enter your username and password. To permanently delete an account, don't log in to it from any device for more than a month, in which case all data will be irretrievably deleted.
How to delete a second account
This social network does not prohibit managing multiple accounts from a single device. You have the option of an account that you do not intend to continue using, you can do so from your PC and from your mobile device.
Deleting an account from a smartphone
- Recall that any mobile version has such a feature, so first you have to enter the profile from the browser that is convenient for you.
- Click the avatar icon.
- Go to settings.
- Go to Help and select "Help Center" - "Manage Account" from the menu.
- Next, select "Delete account".
- Now you need to log in again from the profile you are going to delete.
- The standard procedure for choosing a reason and agreeing to delete the account permanently awaits you.
Removing from a PC
From a computer, the deletion procedure is the same, you need to immediately log in with the account you want to delete, select "Delete account" in Help and follow the prompts.
IMPORTANT: do not confuse profiles, confirm not the main one, but the one you chose to delete.
Alternative to deletion - temporary account blocking
If you decide to take a break from social networking, you don't have to erase all your data irretrievably. The app has a temporary access blocking feature. It is valid for 30 days, if you need more time, you can always log in and extend it.
How to turn on a temporary lockout:
- Go to the Instagram site.
- Log in to your profile.
- Select "Edit Profile" from the main menu.
- At the very bottom, select the "Temporarily block the account" option.
- Once again, confirm your decision.
At any time you can log back in and use your profile. In the meantime, it will be invisible to all users.
How to delete an old Instagram account
The easiest option is to log in to the browser and perform the deletion procedure described above. But more often than not, the user does not remember the password, email, phone or Facebook profile to which the account was linked. In this case, follow this algorithm:
- Open the application and look for "Login Help" in the settings.
- From this menu select any data recovery method that suits you.
- You will be offered the opportunity to create a new password, you do not need to remember it, if later the account will be deleted without the right to restore.
- Log in to your account via the web version (you cannot delete your account via the app).
- Then follow the standard scheme through the settings.
There is also another way, it will suit those who, for whatever reason, can't restore the profile. Write to support, be sure to specify the name of the user and the detailed reason why you need to permanently delete the account. Most likely, they will meet you halfway.
How do I restore a deleted Instagram account?
The user agreement states that if you have deleted your profile yourself via the web version of the app and haven't logged in for a month, your account cannot be restored. In other situations, access to the page can be restored. You can return to the social network after:
- Bana. Administration to prevent and punish violations of the rules of the agreement to ban accounts. To be unblocked, write to support and wait for a decision. For particularly serious offenses account can be blocked permanently.
- Temporary blocking. If you have temporarily blocked the account yourself, simply log in to the device.
- Hacking. Instagram tracks suspicious activity and freezes the page for security. In this case, contact support.
The specificity of Instagram is that it is not at all easy to delete a profile. The social network has become a platform for advertising, business, promotion, marketing. To protect users from ill-considered or accidental actions, the procedure has become more complicated.
IMPORTANT: You won't be able to delete your profile in the app. You'll still have to sign in to your account through your browser. Even if you remove the icon from your desktop, all your information stays online and you can sign in to your profile again at any time.
Popular Questions (FAQ)
Hello! I am the founder of Apps4Life. It started as a hobby, but turned into a great and useful project that helps people get acquainted with the digital world of mobile games, add-ons, webservices and crypto-industry.