Almost every iPhone owner has faced the fact that his deface began to slow down, lag or stop responding to any action at all. In this case, it is recommended to completely reset the iPhone. This will unload the phone's RAM and completely restart the system. This means that the probability of disappearance of the problem is very high. Let's figure out how to urgently reboot the iPhone.
Existing ways to reboot your iPhone and when to use them
There are several ways to reboot your "Apple" smartphone:
- If the screen doesn't work;
- If the buttons on the body of the device do not work.
Let's look at how to hard reset the iPhone with all of the above methods. But since different versions imply different procedures for rebooting, only a brief description will be presented below, and step-by-step actions can be found further in the article.
The normal reboot method is used when the device works, but there are small lags and the data processing speed is high. In this case, the iPhone will turn off and then automatically turn on. Usually problems disappear after this manipulation.
Forced reboot of iPhone is used in situations when the deface is frozen and it is not possible to restart it in the usual way. To do this, you need to press a certain key combination, which differs depending on the version of the apple device.
If the screen is frozen or does not work (does not respond to taps)
If the screen does not work, there is another way to reset the phone. It also differs depending on the version of the device. If the screen is frozen, a forced reset is usually used using the iPhone buttons. As a result, the system restarts and the problem usually disappears.
If the buttons on your phone don't work
If the buttons on the phone do not work, then you will have to restart the iPhone using an application. For example, you can activate the standard program Assistive Touch, thanks to which the "Home" simulation appears on the screen. With it, you can restart the system and return the smartphone to a working state. But still the buttons after that it is recommended to fix or update the smartphone.
iPhone 13, 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max
These iPhone models have not yet been released on the market, but already now we can speculate on ways to reboot. Most likely, Apple will leave the method of restarting the system exactly the same as in the previous deface model - iPhone 12. Detailed instructions on how to reboot the iPhone with buttons will be discussed below.
iPhone 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max
How to reboot iPhone 12 in the usual way:
- Simultaneously hold down the volume up and side buttons for a few seconds.
- Press the power symbol at the top of the screen.
- Slide the power symbol to the right.
- Hold down the side button of the device until the Apple logo appears.
How to forcibly reboot iPhone 12:
- Press to increase the volume.
- Press to decrease the volume.
- Hold down the side button for a few seconds.
- As soon as the Apple logo appears, release.
- The phone is rebooted.
iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max
How to restart your iPhone if the button doesn't work:
- Hold down "Power" until a new window appears.
- In the window that appears, click "Restart".
- Wait 20 seconds for the system to restart.
How to restart iPhone 11 with a frozen screen:
- Press "Power" and the volume control at the same time.
- Wait a few seconds.
- The device is rebooted.
iPhone XS, XR and X, XS Max and X Max
You can reset your iPhone 10 using these step-by-step instructions:
- Hold down "Power" for a few seconds.
- A confirmation window will appear.
- Confirm system restart.
- Wait for the download to complete.
If the screen is frozen, you can reset the iPhone X this way:
- Hold down "Power" and the volume control for a few seconds.
- The screen of the device will go out and then come back on.
- Wait for the system to boot up.
iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
You can reboot your iPhone 8 in the usual way as follows:
- Press Volume Up and Home at the same time.
- The display will turn off for a few seconds and then turn back on.
- Wait for the system to complete booting.
The second way to reset the iPhone 8:
- Hold down "Power".
- A window will appear.
- Press the reload button in the window.
- Wait for the restart procedure to finish.
iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
You can restart your iPhone 7 system using the following step-by-step instructions:
- Hold "On" for 2-3 seconds.
- A special window will appear.
- In it, click to confirm the restart.
- The smartphone will perform all the necessary actions and turn on by itself.
If the screen is unresponsive, you can restart your iPhone 7 as follows:
- Press the volume control and "Home" at the same time.
- Wait 6-8 seconds.
- The iPhone will start to turn on (if it does not, hold down the power button).
iPhone 6S / 6 / SE / 5S / 5 / 4S / 4
Older versions of the iPhone can be rebooted in standard and forced ways. Let's start with the first one:
- Hold down the power button for a few seconds.
- Make a swipe on your smartphone screen.
- Wait for the reboot to complete.
Now let's move on to the step-by-step instructions for forcibly rebooting older versions of the iPhone:
- Hold the power and home button for just under 10 seconds.
- An image of the company logo - a bitten-off apple - will appear on the screen.
- Wait for the download to complete.
If when restarting any version of the iPhone in any way, the phone turns off but does not activate, then hold down the power button for a few seconds. As soon as the Apple logo appears, it means the phone is starting up. All you have to do is wait for literally 10-20 seconds. If restarting the phone doesn't fix the problem, then I recommend taking your phone to a service center.
Hello! I am the founder of Apps4Life. It started as a hobby, but turned into a great and useful project that helps people get acquainted with the digital world of mobile games, add-ons, webservices and crypto-industry.