A new update to the Google Maps app has added widgets for the iPhone home (or any other) screen.
Google Maps widgets in the iPhone
There are two options to choose from.
First, a larger widget, allows you to open the app with a single tap and navigate to home, work or another location or search.
Second option allows you to view current traffic conditions around your current location.
Google Maps can be downloaded from at from the AppStore.
How do I add a Google Maps widget to my iPhone screen?
Two options. Both are available only after updating or installing Google Maps.
- Turn on your iPhone and go to the Home screen.
- Swipe to the left to enter the widgets section.
- Find the widget and add it to the screen.
The second option. Determine which screen will be the widget, and then:
- Long press on this screen, you will get to the Widgets section
- Find the right widget and add it to the screen.
Hello! I am the founder of Apps4Life. It started as a hobby, but turned into a great and useful project that helps people get acquainted with the digital world of mobile games, add-ons, webservices and crypto-industry.