Why hire a tutor when there are great apps for learning German? "Why learn it at all?" some will ask. German is the official language in 6 countries: Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Luxembourg, Belgium and Liechtenstein. It is a regional language in 17 countries. German is a language of world importance. This status was given to it based on the number of native speakers, countries where it is an official language, German web resources and its influence on macroeconomic indicators in the world.
German is a language that our ancestors unwittingly learned during World War II. It is one of the compulsory languages, which is introduced in schools from the 5th grade. It is the language of street food festivals and Oktoberfest. German cinema is famous for its quality art-house cinema. One conclusion is that you have to learn. And you can do it without a tutor or attending courses. Everyone has a mobile phone at his or her fingertips - and this is where you can get directions into the world of German umlauts, articles and complex combinations of letters. All you need to do is download an app to learn German and run with patience, time and perseverance!
The best apps for learning German
Apps for learning German from scratch
If you are just getting started and are on the first step, the apps for learning German from scratch are the right ones for you. They will help you acquire the vocabulary you need to understand the language, teach you the basics and open the door to grammar. Such apps will be a great foundation for you to build on your knowledge.
iStart German ~ Mirai Language Systems
The app is designed for beginners and contains 3 hours of audio lessons. This is what makes it different from other applications that offer to learn German by cards and phrases. The app will give you a basic knowledge of German - grammar, pronunciation and word usage. You will have fun doing it. It will be available for you:
- More than 20 German lessons.
- Clear visual and video support.
- Voice-over by two native speakers.
- Detailed explanation of grammar.
- Clear interface and intuitive navigation.
- The audio is accompanied by printed text for better understanding.
- Thousands of audio files and hundreds of pictures for language learning.
- Tests and quizzes to check knowledge.
- A word search function for the entire course.
- Create your own vocabulary.
- Reinforcing and encouraging academic progress.
Each subsequent lesson builds on the material covered in the previous one. In this way, you will gain more holistic knowledge. The material in the appendix is presented in detail. All you have to do is to hone your language skills and gain confidence.
Download and use it for $4.99
Learn German Beginners
The app is also designed for those who have just begun to learn German. The bright interface will instantly draw you into the learning process. This method of learning excludes the use of a dictionary, all the words are visualized, that is supported by pictures. The app has a number of advantages:
- You can use it absolutely free of charge.
- Practice reading, writing, and listening.
- Examination after each block of words.
- Three levels of difficulty and 36 topics.
- 500 words with pictures and dubbing.
- Correct German pronunciation.
It is possible to learn a language on your own. To do this, take a start, By downloading application, and arm yourself with a decent vocabulary
Grammar is the basis of the German language
There is no way around this complex section. You need grammar to be able to express yourself clearly in German. You can't say that German grammar is more difficult than the others. It requires a lot of hard work, thoughtfulness and patience. The German grammar app will help you do just that.
Grammatisch: Learn German
Here you will find a brief description of the basic grammar rules. You do not need to start at a certain level, you can choose any section and study it. You will learn all the rules in a short period of time. After the study session is over, you will be able to check the level of your knowledge and information about mistakes made in the answers. The following topics are covered in the appendix:
- Definite article.
- The plural form.
- Personal pronouns.
- Present tense.
- Adjective pronouns.
- Reflexive verbs.
- Cases: Nominative, Accusative, and Dative.
- Declension of nouns.
- Adjective sentence.
- Verbs with separable prefixes.
This is an incomplete list of the topics presented in the app. All necessary important rules are collected and organized for ease of use.
Grammatisch: Learn German can save to the phone from the Apple Store for free, additional options will cost the user $2.99
German Irregular Verbs Wizard
The correct use of verbs is a prerequisite for the successful acquisition of German. It is important to understand exactly how verbs change and in which tenses. Irregular verbs are quite a large section, so separate appendices have been created to study them. In just a short amount of time you can memorize irregular verbs and their use in the spoken and written past tense. German Irregular Verbs Wizard includes:
- A special technique for learning irregular verbs.
- Colorful illustrations for the first 20 verbs.
- A few instructional videos on constructing past tense sentences.
- Access to a test that will test your knowledge.
Learn German fast, discover the beauty of the language with the app German Irregular Verbs Wizard absolutely free of charge.
Apps to listen and communicate in German
To fully master German, you may need apps that allow you to communicate directly with native speakers. Whether by correspondence or video communication, all methods are good as long as you hear clear German.
German Radio Stations
Listen to your favorite German radio stations wherever you are. You need an Internet connection. Just shake your iPhone to switch between stations. With this app, your possibilities are endless:
- Listen to the radio and write Facebook posts and send messages to friends.
- The more often you listen to a particular radio station, the higher it rises in the list. After a while it will be at the top of the list, and you only need one tap to launch it.
- Select and set a time when the radio should turn off automatically.
- While you're listening to the radio, you can ask a question on her Facebook page and get an instant answer. Participation in raffles and programs is available.
- Choose the program you want to listen to. There are more than 100 of them.
For the use of applications the user does not have to pay. Free pleasure. What could be better?
busuu - Learn to speak German
One of the most popular and frequently used applications. When you join 80 million users, you'll get help from them to learn German. Native speakers can proofread and correct your written and oral assignments. You'll be able to:
- Take a test to determine your level of knowledge.
- Get certified.
- Get help from native speakers.
- Practice pronunciation.
- Use full courses, of which there are more than 150.
- Learn grammar.
- Manage all functions offline.
To use additional features applications you need to subscribe. It will cost you from $10.99 to $74.99
Classical German Applications
Goethe, Schiller, Brecht, Nietzsche - poets, writers and thinkers whose names are on everyone's lips. Their works are imbued with love for the native language. When you read and translate texts of classical literature, you become closer to German culture. The classics can now also be found in the apps
You can read 7,500 works written by 240 authors. The app is constantly updated. Users can see which works have been added. There is a search function for convenience. You can save your favorite poems and refer to them at any time, even in the absence of the Internet. The app is structured like this:
- The poem of the day is displayed for users.
- A random poem is chosen daily for review.
- Night mode is available.
- There are biographies of the authors.
- Favorite works can be shared with friends through social networks and messengers.
German poetry - a free app designed to instill a love of German poetry.
Poesi - Enjoy German Poetry
The app offers German poems written by authors in the Middle Ages and the 20th century. It's a great way to get to know German literature and learn the language at the same time. Rhyming lines are much better remembered than prose. You can learn a lot from the appendix:
- More than 1,000 poems by 140 authors.
- Convenient search.
- Choosing the best poem of the day and a random selection.
- Favorite works can be noted.
- Arranging by century or theme.
- Full-screen reading mode.
- Night Mode.
- Daily Reminder.
Cost applications is $2.99
Germany is a country of near abroad, visa is not required (for Ukraine). You can get there by plane and by bus. The way is not so far, and the culture, customs, architecture and language are very different from ours. It's quite interesting. The trip is not expensive and your horizons will expand considerably. Dresden Art Gallery, Hamburg harbor, the zoo with polar bears and penguins and much more can be seen in Germany. Travel lovers know how the natives smile when they hear a foreigner speak their native tongue. German is worth learning if only because you love to travel and meet new people. The best apps for learning German will help you do just that.