Regardless of how much space you have on your hard drive, there will always be a moment when you think it will not be enough. You can increase the hard drive, for example, if you had 500GB of memory and want to increase it to 1000GB, first you need to know the model of your notebook. If you know your laptop model, you can view available hard drive models at Zeto.ua. As you store more and more files on your system, the available disk space starts to decrease every day. So, it becomes very important to free up space on the disk to eliminate the stored messages with low storage capacity. However, before you delete disk space, you should know which files or programs take up a significant portion of the storage space.
Regardless of whether you use Windows or macOS as your primary operating system, we will discuss both operating system methods in detail. Just follow our instructions on the screen to go through the process easily.
How to check the free space on a hard drive In Windows
To check the hard disk space in Windows, follow the instructions below.
- Click on the Windows logo on the lower left side of the screen. You can also press the Window key to open the Start menu.
- After opening the Start menu, click on the settings icon.
- After you have opened the "Recruitment" program, click "system".
- Go to the Storage tab and click on it. All the details of the 'C' drive's storage will appear on the screen
- Scroll down the menu bar and click on "check using the other drive storage" to find out where all the drives are stored.
- Check all the details of using the storage and delete the place by removing unnecessary files.
Note. You can also check the storage space using the File Explorer, which will display a total and free space of all disks on your screen.
Windows users can also check the hard disk space using the following method.
- Click the "search" icon on the lower right side of the screen.
- Write "computer control" in the search box and press enter.
- After you have opened the computer control program, double-click on the "hinge".
- On the next cross, double click on "disk management".
- All details about the location on the hard disk will appear on the screen.
Mac users need to do the following to check the location on the hard drive.
- Open the Apple menu by touching the Apple logo on the upper left side of the screen.
- A drop-down menu will appear on your screen. Click on the "about this mac" option.
- On the next cross, click on the "Oculus" button. On the screen you will see a color smooch.
- Each segment of the color panel is an assessment of the storage space used by various files and programs.
- Just press "control" and look through the files to remove all unnecessary data.
Hello! I am the founder of Apps4Life. It started as a hobby, but turned into a great and useful project that helps people get acquainted with the digital world of mobile games, add-ons, webservices and crypto-industry.