Fast Company recognized Apple as the most innovative company in the world. In this context, the publication conducted an extensive interview with the company's CEO Tim Cook. We selected the 10 most important moments from this interview and told you about them. It seems to us that such sampling will most fully give an idea of what Apple is thinking, and what Mr. Cook himself is thinking. Below are excerpts from Tim Cook's interview.
Some of the most interesting moments from Tim Cook's interview
- According to Tim Cook, to get good results, main thing - is to produce its most top productThe purpose of the program is to enrich people's lives, not stock price growth figures.
- Apple has a special patienceThe company has been working on each of its products to perfection before introducing them to the public. It may seem like Apple is cautiously lurking and waiting for things to develop, but Cook says the company starts working on a product long before anyone else does. It's not waiting for anyone to see what its developers are doing.
- Tim Cook doesn't seem to be a big fan of quarterly resultsbecause, he said, it doesn't make sense to measure a business for 90 days when the investment is long term.
- Tim Cook still believes that augmented reality applications will become even deeper and will actively to change our lives.
- Apple thinks about things from a technological point of view, which it begins to work through years before it begins to produce a product. For example, now company works over what will be released in the 2020.
- Tim Cook reads huge amount customer letters. It helps him keep his finger on the pulse of the company.
- Apple is very sensitive to the unintended consequences of technological advances, so they provide tools such as the "Do not disturb while driving" in iOS 11, which helps users do the right thing.
- When it comes to music, Tim Cook says, "We're not in it for the money." He believes music interesting because it is inspires and motivates people. That's why Apple thinks it's important to support creative people.
- The development of their HomePod smart speaker Apple focused on sound quality compared to other smart speakers. We did so because "the lion's share of enjoyment when listening to music depends on quality sound. That would have been impossible with a small, squeaky speaker.
- According to Tim Cook, Apple technology is a "background thing. Behind it is the usual group of peoplethat simply trying to change the world for the better.
To read the entire interview in its original form, you can here.