A common mistake is to associate a VPN only with a change of "Internet residency. In 2019, this tool is. one of the main means of protection in the network. But which of the hundreds of VPN applications on Appstore is better to install on the iPhone? And is it worth the trouble, just in case it gets away?
The iPhone is the most secure phone, but it's not enough
Risks for users lurk both in software vulnerabilities and at the hardware level. Last January, Apple acknowledged that even iPhone X owners are not guaranteed safety on 100%. Android smartphones with the latest firmware versions are protected against such exploits, but problems arise with iOS.
The fact is that all of Apple's chips Built on ARM architecture. As recent tests have shown, their A-series chips for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch are more susceptible to hacking. The company itself has also confirmed this. Devices that do not have updates installed are in the risk zone.
Until the company solves these problems, users themselves are concerned about security. After all, no one wants data leaks. VPN service is a great way to protect yourself from intruders on your phone. Thanks to the use of several security protocols, cyber-fraudsters will not be able to access your data.
Pros and cons of installing a VPN on iOS
The disadvantages include the risks associated with using free VPNs (discussed below), or the subscription fee of a paid provider. The advantages, however, are much greater.
There are at least 5 arguments in favor of using a VPN:
- Guarantee the security of personal data. With paid applications, you know the final beneficiary who processes them.
- Bypassing geographic IP restrictions. Watching the Super Bowl or NBA games is much easier.
- Encrypting information reduces the risk of it being intercepted over a public network.
- Ability to visit sites and web applications anonymously.
- Fast access. You can connect to a VPN point in a couple of seconds.
VPN can also come in handy when you're traveling. If you are going to go on a tour or trade in the Celestial Empire, then you can't do without it at all, because China is the "iron curtain" of the world's Internet.
Apple's VPN Services in China
Experts believe that Apple would have achieved good results in the Chinese market, but there is one "little problem" - many its services are blocked in this country. The Chinese government has made it clear that it will not allow competitors into its market, and, of course, to preserve national security.
The iTunes Movies Store and iBooks Store have been blocked in China. In 2016, they stopped working and were removed from the Chinese App Store. However, if you have an iPhone and you are not going to give up your favorite apps, you can buy paid VPN services and use what you are used to.
Free VPNs on iTunes for Mac
Let's take a look at three popular free VPN apps available on the iTunes store:
- Free VPN. Free VPN service for iOS. Registration is not required here. There is data encryption through the company's servers. The IP address is hidden so that you can browse the pages you want, while remaining incognito.
- Hotspot VPN. This program has 2 pluses: low weight and easy installation. It also works well with major operating systems like Windows and Mac. It also has a version for iOS.
- IPVanish VPN. This is a special development by Mudhook Media, registered in Florida (Orlando). It uses 256-bit encryption to protect customer data.
Is it worth downloading free apps
Free is always attractive. Only these VPN services have four serious drawbacks that you may encounter:
- Low data transfer speeds (this is especially painful in China, because the firewall there constantly puts "sticks in the wheels").
- Personal data leakage. Free apps do not disclose who processes your personal data. Moreover, they can be given to the advertiser, because this is the only way the service can recoup its costs.
- Limiting the amount of traffic.
- Pop-up ads.
The best VPNs for iOS gadgets
Among pay providers, two have earned a solid reputation: ExpressVPN и NordVPN. Let's take a brief look at each one:
- ExpressVPN. This VPN service is one of the top 5 in the world. It is perfectly tuned to work in China and is compatible with devices such as the iPhone X, 8, 8 Plus, 7. and others.
- NordVPN. This service uses strong encryption. Your data will be reliably protected, the risk of leakage is minimal. There is also a website in Russian, which is also a plus. The head office is located in Panama, where there is no Internet censorship. A special technology KillSwitch is used, which disables all windows and communication, if the channel is interrupted.
And most importantly - in paid applications, your data, under no circumstances are not transferred to third parties! There's no need to leak your clients' contacts to someone else in order to get money from the advertiser. Paid apps make money on subscriptions. Their sources of income are clear and transparent. On the site https://china-vpn.ru/vpn-dlya-iphone, you can read more about these services and buy them at a discount of up to 49%.
If you want a stable connection and protection of your personal data, it is better to turn to paid brands. Especially in such a closed country as China. Where the authorities do not sleep and the firewall is constantly being improved.
Hello! I am the founder of Apps4Life. It started as a hobby, but turned into a great and useful project that helps people get acquainted with the digital world of mobile games, add-ons, webservices and crypto-industry.