How to change iCloud password on iPhone
Often there are situations when you need to change the iCloud password on your iPhone. This can happen when you sell it, or there is a chance that someone has found out your Apple ID account information and there is a threat of hacking. To reliably protect your personal information, a password change is a must from time to time. It should be borne in mind that if you use the same ID for iCloud, iTunes, App Store and other Apple services, when you change the combination, you will need to enter a new password to gain access to them.
If you remember your Apple ID password
To sign in to the cloud storage, you need to enter your Apple ID and password. If you need to change the access parameters, you should do it without touching the iCloud section on your phone.
There is a special section on the official website of Apple for managing the identifier. This is where you need to work to change the data.
- Go to the login page and enter your information.
- Select the Security section. To change your login, click the "Change" button. After the new login is created, go to "Change password".
- You will now be required to give the correct answer to two test questions.
- After that, you will need to enter the old and specify a new password twice. At the end, click the "Done" button.
After changing the ID on the site, all the changes will be synchronized with the iCloud menu on your phone automatically. If for some reason this does not happen, update the data manually.
If you have forgotten your password
What to do in this case? Access can be restored in two ways.
In the first case, you can use the registration mail. To do this, go to the login page and click "Forgot your Apple ID or password? In the window that opens, enter the e-mail address to which the account is linked. Its address can be found in "Settings - iTunes Store, App Store" or in the system settings open the section iCloud.
Next, you will be offered two options: get the letter or answer the control questions. Choose the first one. In this case you will receive an email with a link to the password change page. If you have not received the letter within five minutes, do not forget to check your spam folder.
Now you just have to follow the link and enter the new combination.
The second method is used when you have lost access to the registration mail. To change the Aicloud password, you have to give the correct answer to the control questions and specify the date of birth. The actions in this case will not differ much from the previous ones:
- On the login page, click on "Forgot your Apple ID or password?
- Next, select the item where you are prompted to reset the password by answering the control questions.
- We specify the date of birth and give the answer to the questions.
- If the data is the same as the one you specified during registration, you will be able to generate a new password.
Be sure to create your code responsibly. Do not make it too short, use lowercase and uppercase letters. Don't forget that the use of different symbols and numbers multiplies the number of possible combinations, and it will be difficult to find a password by trial and error. Do not make the same password for all services, it will greatly increase protection. If for some reason the login data had to be given to third parties, then immediately after that immediately change the password.
Hello! I am the founder of Apps4Life. It started as a hobby, but turned into a great and useful project that helps people get acquainted with the digital world of mobile games, add-ons, webservices and crypto-industry.