Apple Music's streaming service is arguably the best web product the company has ever created. Both feedback from subscribers and its rapid growth testify to this. And the number of subscribers is growing by leaps and bounds. However, if you don't like something, or if you simply don't use the service and don't want your card to be charged, you can cancel your subscription at any time. How do I cancel my Apple Music subscription?
How to cancel an Apple Music subscription
Apple Music gives free 3 months to all newcomers. When registering, you first enter your credit card information, which is charged to 1 hryvnia to authorize and check the performance of this card. Do not worry - this money will return within a few days.
It is also worth remembering that the service is tied not only to your Apple ID, but also to your device. Therefore, the free subscription cannot be activated twice on the same device. At the end of the 3-month period, the subscription will be automatically renewed.
Subscriptions can be canceled on any of the devices: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, iTunes on Windows, macOS, and Apple TV 4th Generation.
How to cancel an iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch subscription
- Go to settings -> "iTunes Store and App Store"
- Click on your Apple ID, on the very first line
- Select "View Apple ID" and enter your password
- Then select "Subscriptions".
- Select "Active" and click on Apple Music
- Now you can unsubscribe
Important: If you cancel your subscription, the service will continue to run until the period you paid for.
How to unsubscribe from iTunes on your computer or Mac
- Open iTunes on your computer or Mac
- Log in to your account (if you are not logged in, log in using your Apple ID)
- After authenticating your Apple ID, go back to "Account" on the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or iTunes window, and click "View My Account
- Your account window opens, scroll down and find "subscriptions" and opposite the "Manage" button
- Press edit
- And cancel the subscription
If you have changed the country of your subscription to Apple Music (for example, to Russia - the price is lower there), then after unsubscribing you cannot change the country until the paid period is over.
How to cancel a subscription to Apple TV Gen 4
- Select Settings > Accounts > Manage Subscriptions
- Select Apple Music from the list and unsubscribe
You can only manage your Apple Music account on a 4th generation Apple TV. If you have an Apple TV 3rd generation or earlier model, they support the use of the service, but there is no possibility not to manage the account.