There has been quite a lot of interesting news in the last two weeks. I will highlight the appearance of the iPhone with two SIM cards, Apple is clearly and increasingly invested in content and creating a media space around itself. This is very interesting. A few rankings, as usual. The release of the public beta of macOS Mojave and a lot of other news.
- Rumor. The new Apple smartphones will have two SIM cards.
- Instagram has music stickers for Stories
- Apple patented smart clothes for the deaf and blind
- Apple said that starting from June 30, users of older devices will not be able to change the payment information for the App Store and iTunes Store, writes MacRumors
- Rumor. Apple is preparing a single service with subscriptions to TV content, Apple Music, news, iCloud and other subscription services.
- The public macOS Mojave beta 1 is out
- The website NetBase posted today its new annual ranking of the most beloved brands of 2018 according to users.
- Rumor. Facebook will show users how much time they spend on the social network - soon.
- The popular game Fortnite has become the second most successful free-to-play game to be released on iOS. According to analysts, only Clash Royale, also by Epic Games, has surpassed its success.
- YouTube is testing a Channel Membership feature that will allow contentmakers to sell subscriptions to their channels.
- On June 21, 2018, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office published Apple's application for exclusive rights to real-time handwriting recognition technology.
- Steve Jobs' business cards on eBay
- Cupertino was seriously considering releasing the iPhone X only with wireless charging support, Bloomberg columnist Mark Gurman has learned.
- Apple AirPower wireless charging station will not go on sale until September
- Apple to invest $25 billion in next-generation processors
- The automotive connectivity consortium, of which Apple is a member, has announced the release of a new "digital key" standard that will help open locks and start engines using NFC chips.
- Instagram hits the one billion user mark
- Tim Cook dropped to 96th place among top U.S. executives
- Instagram introduced an app for publishing vertical videos up to 60 minutes long - IGTV. A competitor to YouTube?
- Apple Watch 4 to be! Support for the next generation of smart watches is found in iOS 12 (suddenly ? )
- Fortnite on iOS brought developers $100 million 90 days after release
- The World Health Organization has included gambling addiction in the new list of diseases and disorders (ICD-11).
- The geography of Apple Pay is expanding. Now it is possible to pay for purchases with a smartphone in Poland. The launch of the service was supported by eight local banks.
- With the release of iOS 12, the iPhone will transmit location coordinates when you call 911 (not sure if this will work for us, but not a bad idea).
- Rumor. Apple plans to launch a cheap Netflix analog
- Intel will become the only supplier of cellular modules for the iPhone
- Creator of Mars rovers will take over cars at Apple
Hello! I am the founder of Apps4Life. It started as a hobby, but turned into a great and useful project that helps people get acquainted with the digital world of mobile games, add-ons, webservices and crypto-industry.